Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Time for Mistletoe and Holly

No matter how far behind the 8-ball we seem to get this Christmas season, I just can't shake this good feeling. Perhaps it's the magic of Christmas, or maybe it's the delirium from lack of sleep with a newborn around, but I am thrilled about this holiday.

I'll be working the first two days of my holiday vacation. I don't care.

Money is tight with Kate on maternity leave. Staying positive.

Not a single present is wrapped. It'll fall into place.

I don't think Santa is going to get letters from my kids this year. Somehow, I'm sure he's got their list anyway.

Christmas cookies have yet to make an appearance in our home... Ok, on this one we really need to work!



This feeling is what Christmas is supposed to be. As 'Ol Blue Eyes said, it's a "time for fancy ties, and granny's pies and stealing a kiss or two". It's about family, God, and gratefulness. It's a season of joy and peace, of love and giving.



I love so many things about this season. I love the snow, the tree, the lights, the tinsel and the holly. I love listening to the carols. I love "decking the halls". I love watching the movies. I love seeing the magic in my kid's faces. Mostly, I love loving it all. And that is what you get from me this year.

So, if you see me walking around with a big stupid grin on my face, no need to wonder why. I just know that no matter what happens with the ribbons and the packages, the boxes and bags, that Christmas is here, and I'm going to love every minute of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment