Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lists of Five, its an "Old School" Thing

Lets talk about tagging? If you thought that was only for Banksy-wannabes, either realign your expectations, or add me to your list, cause I just got tagged. Tracy over at Crazy As Normal tagged me for one of those "Old School" internet-meme-list-maker-get-to-know-you things. (I think she just knew I couldn't resist a dare, not that I've ever done anything embarrassing on a dare before. I haven't. So stop asking) So lets get to it!
A little disclaimer before I get started, these lists will be random, unless otherwise stated, cause what good is a list if you can't argue with yourself about which of your favorites is actually your favorite.


Five Things I Have a Passion For:
1. Family - if I change their diapers now, they'll have to change mine when I'm older
2. Coffee - the rich, bitter depth of a well roasted cup is my first and best motivation to get out of bed any given day 
3. Baseball - nothing I love doing outside more than swinging a bat, and no better way to spend a summer Sunday than with the Cubs on the TV
4. Television - I work in it, so I must like it. right?
5. Reading - if I had more hours in my day, I might actually get to enjoy this one



Five Things I Would Like to do Before I Die:
1. Travel through Europe - we're talking a full on summer abroad. I'd do all the tourist traps, but I would love to see the backroads of Ireland
2. Own a Corvette - nothing feels quite like the hug of soft leather at 100 mph
3. See the Grand Canyon - I hear its quite something
4. Go to a blues bar in Chicago - I know there are a few here I could never see, but these musicians move me. BB King, Muddy Watters, Eric Clapton, Son House, John Lee Hooker, Etta James, Buddy Guy, Shemekia Copeland, Howlin' Wolf, Taj Mahal, John Mayall, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robert Cray... I could go on and on
5. Write a children's book - everyone has a story to tell




Five Things I Say A Lot:
1. "Stop trying to eat your sister"
2. "That's your boy"
3. "No"
4. "Whatever"
5. "Just let me drink my coffee first"



Five Books And/Or Magazines I Have Read Lately:
1. Broken Harbor, by Tana French - was a book club thing, a little disappointing at the end
2. Spin, by Robert Charles Wilson - a really good character story about a dystopian future where the Earth doesn't age at the same pace as the universe around it
3. Sports Illustrated - because what man doesn't read SI every so often
4. DC comics New 52 - assortment. I've covered the Justice League, the Flash, Earth 2, Justice League Dark and International, Superman, and Green Lantern Sinestro Corps in the last month or two. Just getting caught up.
5.All My Friends are Dead, by Avery Monsen - a short funny picture book where on each page you meet something else who's friends are dead, or bread, or Kentucky fried, or obsolete. You should check it out.



Five Favorite Movies (Maybe You've Seen Them Five Times...):
1. Office Space
2. Spaceballs
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Marvel's Avengers
5. Lord of the Rings (take your pick, all 3 go together, so I'm counting them as one. If I had to pick just one to watch though I probably go with Fellowship of the Ring)
8. Princess Bride
9. Anchorman
10. Inception
was I supposed to stop somewhere up there?



Five Places I Would Love to Travel:
1. Ireland - the homeland. the green hills. the castles. the pubs. the history.
2. Venice - from churches to bridges to all the water, it all would be amazing to experience firsthand
3. The Grand Canyon - though I wouldn't tightrope walk over it, I'm not stupid
4. NYC - give me about a week, maybe more
5. The Louvre - so much beautiful art to see



People I Invite:
I've never been one to pass these things on, but in the spirit of the game... I really like these folks. I either ramble with them on twitter or get to know them via their blogs, either way I would love to hear their answers.

Amie driving her MinivanFullOKid
Chris of CanadianDad
Brad in ReadBradTheDad
Meg at DearCrazyKids



Finally, just the legal disclaimers and all. You know, the small print.

If you want to play, please do, even if I didn't tag you. If you just want to tell me what you think of my list, the comments are always open. If you like what you see here and want to dive deeper into the internet, check out our hosts Elaine and Alison. They don't know me. I don't know them, but their little corners of the web look like fun. If you want to count to 1,643,914 in French... please record it and post it to YouTube, then send me a link.





2 comments:

  1. You work in a television? Cramped space I dare say. Maybe you should get like a, you know, desk. Also. I didn't realize comics counted. But that would have taken up too much space. LOTR! Avengers! Anchorman! Office Space! Your REALLY ARE my new blogging BFF. (Army of Darkness?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I work in a TV, but its one of those big 55 inch roomy ones from about 15 years ago! I included the comics cause I only ever pick up the trades, and then I bunched them all together. They have taken up a lot of my reading time recently after all. Love Army of Darkness and most anything else Bruce Campbell has done. His cameo in Spiderman 3 was the best part of that movie.

      Delete